Logistics Cluster, an international aid agency in a weekly situation report said that several access constraints are anticipated in different areas of Gilgit Baltistan in winter.
- Areas east of Skardu will be inaccessible.
- Ghanche District may be cut off if the Chatta Plain is blocked, depending on weather.
- Chilas in Diamer District is likely to remain open.
- It will be possible to reach up to the centre of the Darel and Tangir valleys, but not the northern areas.
- Gilgit District is likely to remain open, but landslides and extreme weather may cause sporadic closures.
- Ghizar District is expected to only be open up to the southernmost tip.
- Hunza Valley: Roads are likely to be open up to central Hunza, but Upper Hunza and areas beyond the lake will be inaccessible.